Crab Cake Sliders with Easy Lemon Aioli
Start to finish: 20 minutes
Makes 10 sliders
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise, divided
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed dried thyme
- 1 pound lump crabmeat
- 1 1/2 cups crushed kettle-cooked potato chips
- 1/2 cup minced celery
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 2 eggs
- Arrange an oven rack about 12 inches from the broiler. Heat the broiler. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup of mayonnaise, the lemon zest and juice, garlic, mustard and thyme. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the crabmeat, potato chips, celery, Old Bay, the remaining 1/4 cup of the mayonnaise, and the eggs. Mix well, then form into 10 patties, each about 2 1/2 inches across and 1/2 inch thick. Arrange the patties on the prepared baking sheet.
- Broil the patties for 3 to 4 minutes, rotating the pan as needed for even browning. Remove the baking sheet from the oven, flip each patty and broil for another 3 to 4 minutes. Keep a close eye on them to avoid burning.
- Serve the crab cake with the aioli.